75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results.
This statistic and many others are interesting to note. If you are not on the front page you are not benefiting from the free traffic and customers searching for your product or service. By investing in SEO you are investing in the long term advantage of this free traffic source.
Other Statistics are also interesting to note:
- 70% of the links search users click on are organic. The search area below the maps and adverts.
- 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results.
- The first organic search result will get nearly 33% of clicks. (2013)
- GroupM states “when consumers were exposed to both search and social media influenced by a brand that overall search CTR went up by 94 percent.”
- Search and e-mail are the top two internet activities.
- Companies that blog have 434% more indexed pages. And companies with more indexed pages get far more leads.
- Inbound leads cost 61% lower than outbound leads. An example of an inbound lead might be from search engine optimization. An outbound lead might be from a cold call.
- 81% of businesses consider their blogs to be an important asset to their businesses.
- A study by Outbrain shows that search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300%.
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate.
- For Google, a study from Slingshot SEO shows 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position.
- In that same study, tests for Bing show the following: 9.7% of organic clicks go to #1, 5.5% of organic clicks go to #2, and 2.7% of organic clicks go to #3.
- Google owns 68% of the search engine market share. (2016)
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine. (2016)
- 91% of internet users use search. (2016)
- Mobile internet usage surpassed desktop searches in 2016.
- The average user spends up to three hours a day on a mobile device. (2016)
If these statistics are alarming or informative to you contact one of our consultants today to find out how we can improve your search rankings and assist with taking advantage of Search today.